The Avery Block
100 – 124 N. College Avenue, 105 – 115 Linden Street, and in historic documents sometimes referred to as 106 E. Mountain Avenue
Newspaper clipping from the February 1, 1905 Fort Collins Express and Review of the First National Bank building. The photo must have been taken prior to the time that it was used in this newspaper article as the second story of the Linden and College sides of the building was added in 1902/3, yet in this photo the one-story portion of the building can be seen at right.
The Avery Block was designed by Montezuma Fuller and constructed in 1897. Originally the portions of the building that hosted the First National Bank and a drug store were 2-stories tall. These parts of the building fronted E. Mountain Avenue. The rest of the building along both Linden and N. College were only one story tall. A full second story was added in 1902/3.