Hotels in Fort Collins

Ad from the Rocky Mountain Collegian, March 2, 1903. (Captured via ColoradoHistoricNewspapers.org.)

Auntie Stone’s Cabin: 1867 – ?
Agricultural Hotel: 1873 – …
National Hotel: (Jefferson and Linden?) 1874? – ?
The Collins House: 1874? – ?
Blake House: 1878? – ?
Brown Palace Hotel: 1904 – ?

 

Auntie Stone’s Cabin

“In the fall of 1865 Mason and Allen built the grout building now standing on the corner of Jefferson and Linden streets, which was used as a sutlers store. About the same time Judge Stone built a log house on the spot where the stone hotel now stands, and this house was for some years the only hotel in the place, being kept after his death by the Judge’s wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Stone, and is even yet serving its original purpose, having been removed and transferred into a kitchen for the Agricultural Hotel.” (Fort Collins Courier, July 27, 1878, page 1.)

The Agricultural Hotel (1873 – 1878) – The Commercial Hotel (1878 – 1904) – The Northern Hotel (1904 – ?)

The Agricultural Hotel was opened by Coon & Scranton in 1873 at the corner of Mason Street and W. Mountain Avenue.

The National Hotel

Blake House (1874? – 1878) – Metropolitan Hotel/House (1878 – ?)

Brown Palace Hotel

 “Brown Palace Hotel, Pine, 3 story red sandstone, $5,000.” (Weekly Courier, 4 January 1905, page 4.)