The first Baptist Church was organized in June of 1879 with the help of the Baptist pastor from Loveland, M. Harry. The congregation met in a variety of places in the early days, including in the Presbyterian’s building, the Methodist’s building, Odd Fellows Hall, the Poudre Valley Bank Block and a vacant store room in the Union Block on Jefferson Street.
In 1881, the congregation was able to purchase a lot at the corner of Magnolia and Remington Streets, but it wasn’t until 1888 when they built a small brick chapel on the property. In 1903, that building was replaced by a Gothic Revival structure that still stands at the corner today. The building was dedicated on June 4, 1904. It became a local historic landmark in 2002.
By 1961, the Baptists had outgrown the space and moved to a new building at Ellis Street and Prospect Road, along the growing southern end of town. They first built a fellowship hall where meetings were held until 1966, when the new sanctuary was completed.
In the Spring of 1962, a discussion began among church leaders about founding a Christian kindergarten. But it wasn’t until the Fall of 1970 that Heritage Christian School was founded by First Baptist and two other local churches. The school was housed at First Baptist Church from 1970 until 2002. A 2-story education wing was built in the early 1970s to better accommodate the school as well as to provide additional space for Sunday School needs.
In 201__ an additional 8,800 square feet was added to the building. And in 201__ the name was changed from First Baptist Church to Lifepointe.